Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation, and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education. According to the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), every accredited institution of higher education should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. It ensures the efficiency and effectiveness of measures are taken/methods used to provide high-quality education and evaluates the degree to which each task is fulfilled. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work toward the realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The primary objective of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To impart relevant knowledge with due emphasis on learner -cantered processes.
- Priority to value-based education.
- To develop job-oriented and administrative skills.
- To preserve ethical codes and our national cultural heritage.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for :
- Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are :
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the institution’s various academic and administrative activities.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, and seminars on quality-related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.