In India, there is a very common myth about arts degrees that it is not worth doing. But the fact is that a BA degree is one of the most versatile streams of education in India. It offers various career opportunities in all possible fields. From UPSC to Teaching, Bachelor of Arts degree students are spread all over.
Do you also plan to make a career with a BA degree? Before enrolling in this course, it is highly important to know what kind of career options are available after completing a BA degree from any recognized Indian university.
In this blog post, you will learn all about BA degree courses, career opportunities, the best arts colleges and much more. So without further ado, let’s begin with the basic intro of a BA degree.
A Bachelor of Arts Degree is open to all stream students whether they are from Science or Commerce background. Due to this, a BA arts degree is known as the most versatile education stream. It is a 3-year degree program course at the undergraduate level. All Indian private and government colleges or universities offer this course.
BA Program, BA (Tamil, English, Hindi, History, Pol Science, Social Work, Economics, Psychology, German, French, Spanish and more), BA Fine Arts, BA Journalism & Mass Communication are the noted BA courses after 12th.
|Degree Type||Full Form||Duration||Mode of Learning||Age||Basic Eligibility||Minimum Percentage||Average Fee||Best Colleges|
|Bachelor (UG Level)||Bachelor of Arts||3 Years||Regular and Open||17 Years||10+2 from any recognised board of education||45% in the 12th Class||INR 4000-50000||Cheran SMS College, Ramjas College, SGBT Khalasa, IP University, BHU, JNU, HPU|
BA Degree offers a wide range of career options to BA graduates. After completing your degree, you have two major options: choose either to go for higher education or a job. But you can easily continue your higher education along with your job through open education. The bachelor of arts scope in India is very bright and even in the international market as well.
|Job Profile||Average Monthly Salary in INR|
1. Higher Education: After your graduation with BA, you can go with a Master’s degree in your chosen subject. With a Master’s degree, you can get more knowledge and skills that will help you in getting a better job. It also allows you to do MPhil and PhD.
MA English, MA Tamil, MA Hindi, MA History and MA Social Work are some of the best PG courses you can do after graduation.
2. Teaching: Choosing the best career after bachelor of arts is itself an art.
Teaching is the most respectable job in this world. In India, teachers are even above God. Many students after doing Bachelor of Arts courses choose teaching as their profession. B.ed., D.el.ed, and NTT are mandatory courses to become teachers in India. But various schools and private institutions hire graduate teachers as well as pay pretty well per their qualifications and score.
3. Government Job: Government Jobs are the all-time favorite job to do in India. Once in a life, every student has a dream to get a government job in the Police, Army, and Public Administration. Even the government jobs exam pattern gives high importance to arts subjects like History, English, and General Awareness (History, Pol Science, Economics, Sociology). Among all Bachelor of Arts career opportunities, this is one of the most popular career opportunities that Indian students especially choose.
4. Content Writer: With a Bachelor of Arts degree, anybody can become a content writer. All you need to have is a degree of graduation along with a strong command of Tamil, English, Hindi, or any other language. It is the most famous career option that a BA degree can provide. You can do this work even from your home. It is available in full-time, part-time, and freelance modes.
5. Language Expert: Communication is the most vital aspect of every business. All Indian private and government companies work with global clients and due to this, language experts and translators’ requirements are rapidly increasing. Language experts have expertise in a particular language along with their native language. For this, an honors degree is needed in any language.
6. Freelancer: Freelancer jobs are high in demand. Everyone wants a work-balanced life, and that’s why the majority of people go with freelancing work. Freelancing work requires basic education like BA graduates, and sometimes eligibility depends on the field you choose. Among all possible Bachelor of Arts career paths, freelancing is one of the most convenient work options for all. You can also continue your higher education after completing your BA degree course and earn well with freelancing work.
Every company needs dedicated and skilled employees. After completing BA degree courses, students learn communication skills, public speaking skills, interpersonal skills, and much more. Along with educational qualifications, such skills really matter. If you have such skills, then many noted companies are ready to hire you such as:
A Bachelor of Arts Degree has the best career opportunities to offer. In today’s time, students are breaking the conventional thought about art degrees and choosing arts over commerce and science streams. So, if you’re planning to choose arts courses after your 12th, you are doing the right thing. So go ahead, a shining future is waiting for you.
The basic percentage for BA admission varies from college to college and university to university. But the common percentage is 45% marks in 10+2 from any CBSE or any other state board.
No, for a BA degree, there is no entrance exam required. The admission is highly merit-based.
In addition to getting professional benefits, a BA degree offers great personal advantages as well. It improves your creativity, boosts your confidence, connects you with the social world and its problems, strengthens your communication skills, and more.
The average salary of fine arts graduates in India is 2.5 LPA. As they gain more experience in their respective fields, the range of packages reaches around 7-8 LPA.